'Sakes Alive, It's Google Drive!


I'm linking up with Tech with Jen for her Google Teacher Training Bootcamp! This has been a fabulous experience! I've learned so much from some amazing teacher/bloggers. If you aren't already, I encourage you to join this linky! Just be ready to learn at ton and take away some fabulous Google resources for the classroom!

I don't even know where to start with Google Drive! It has taken me several weeks to finally decide what I wanted to focus my post on. Let me just tell you this was no easy task. There are a ton of topics for me to choose from and I use all of them to help me be more efficient in the classroom and with my writing. 

If you are interested in using Google in your classroom, I feel like this is the best place to start. This is the base for all online collaborative work. This is where the web based documents are created, shared and multiple people can work on a project all at the same time.  This includes word documents, presentations, and spreadsheets.  And my ultimate favorite Forms! 

This is where I've decided to focus. You can use Forms for a variety of purposes in the classroom. You can create surveys, have students peer edit,  become a paperless classroom, and grade more effective and efficiently! 

Forms allow you to collect all kinds of information and all the information gets stored on one spreadsheet for your convenience! Then it can be turned into a visual graphic or you can add formulas to help calculate grades! Wow! Can't get anymore efficient than that! This type of grading is also timely and can offer formative feedback sooner! This. Is. Amazing! 

Here's a quick video to walk you through the basics. 




Hope you enjoy and please know there is so much more then I could possibly post in one post! (Aint' nobody got time for that) so I leave you with the basics and the knowledge to search for all Google Drive has to offer!



Comments

  1. This would be very helpful in having students track their scores and also do some class graphs and class average comparisons. Our district has a grading system in which we enter scores for grading, report cards and parent access to follow their students. However, I can totally see a more formative application for my students with this idea. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts