I finally finished my First Balanced Literacy Packet based off a Read Aloud!

This project has taken many shapes and forms since Aug. but I think I've finally put something together that seems complete. So I hope you get the chance to take a look and see if its something that might work for you!

I love read aloud time. I love read aloud books  that can be used to create a variety of activities that meet many different style and learner needs! A lot of the activities you will find in this product are spin-off's of lessons I've attempted this year. I just never connected them all! I plan on using this product sometime when we get back from Thanksgiving break. My students are going to love it!

Here's a little peek at this sweet little treat:

TpT

If you haven't already you must read How Santa got His Job by Stephen Krensky

http://www.amazon.com/How-Santa-Got-His-Job/dp/0689846681/ref=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1385604138&sr=1-1&keywords=how+santa+got+his+job
 
This quaint little tale of the young Mr. Claus having no luck at finding the perfect job until he befriended some elves who invited him to live with them in the north pole; is a perfect opportunity to discuss character traits and explore literacy fun!

My  79 page activity guide  is full of ideas to use with the  read aloud, and contains activities that could span to learning centers, independent work, or quick check progress monitoring!

I hope you enjoy and have a fabulous Holiday Season!

Comments

  1. Thanks for joining my link up. But I can't see the link back to my blog with the link up button?

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts