I'm super excited to be hosting my very first Linky Party!



Okay so here's the rules: 1) Link your blog to mine so I can follow you. 2)Find friends to follow and share ideas with! 3) Hence the title "Wacky Wednesday,"  you gotta pay close attention because I might make it "wacky"  and switch it up on you! 4) Talk about your favorite books and why you like to read them out loud. I look forward to meeting you all and sharing ideas with such great people!

My first Wild about would have to be any of Patricia Polacco's books. I did an author's study with Thank you Mr. Falker, The Bee Tree, Babushka Baba Yaga, and Mrs Katz and Tush this summer and they were perfect to make reading strategy lap books with. 


This is what they looked like when we were done!
originally pinned from: http://mcelhinnyscenterstage.blogspot.ca/2012/04/lapbookingnot-just-for-homeschoolers.html



I also created a story mapping activity that you can find here

My next favorite Wild About is:
Find here
In this sweet story Stellaluna learns that being different is okay. Great lesson for young kiddos!

My last Wild About is:

What a great way to start the year with an "I can" attitude!

Now its your turn...

First you've got to link up. Then before you start listing your favorite beginning of the year Read Aloud's - Tell me who your favorite picture book character is and why! And...Go!









Comments

Popular Posts