Hello Happy Bloggers!

It's been a while since I've been able to focus on blogging! We exprienced a great loss in our family. My grandma was an amazing woman! A single mom who raised seven children on her own and put herself through Nursing school on top of it! Not only was she a nurse but a teacher to boot. She taught CNA classess and helped the Votech when they needed a proctor for testing.

She proudly claimed from her death bed that she had been a nurse for 53 years and she would continue to be a nurse and teacher until she closed her eyes for the last time. And she did. She checked her vitals, made sure that a gaitbelt was used when she was moved and she passed her legacy over to my beautiful niece just a couple of weeks before she passed. (Her last pay stub was dated Feb. 2013, by the way - She passed over April 6, 2013)

Madelynn took a day off from school to set by Gram's side and soak up 50 years worth of notes scrawled into her blue binder. She  passed down long forgotten rules of nursing etiquette and the proper rules of bed side manner.

Madelynn will gradute in just one week and prepare to head off to college to start working towards her nursing degree. We are all so very proud of her and I know Gram will be with her every step of the way.

Now on to my crazy career! The end of  the year is always just a little stressful. Professional development plans, end of the year wrap up surveys and inventory are just a few of the wooly-boogers I gotta defeat! However, as I was purusing facebook I found http://www.bookweekonline.com/toolkit! I think I'm going to take a little break from the hectic shuffle and dance and celebrate book week with the kiddos! I can't wait! Not quite sure what I'm going to do yet but I have some ideas up my sleeve. I"ll  post updates and pics so you can see how we celebrated. If you are feeling the stress and need a break, join us! Celebrate Book Week, and post your pics and ideas! Happy reading!

Looneylitbloghttp://www.bookweekonline.com/toolkit

Comments

Popular Posts